SEAMTN held its kickoff meeting at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville (UT) on Saturday, October 30. The venue was the Neyland Stadium East Skybox. The agenda included partner presentations, discussion of the consortium plans, and a tour of the UTK Machine Tool Research Center.
- 1:00 pm Check-in
- 1:30 p.m. Welcome: Tony Schmitz, SEAMTN Director, Professor of Mechanical, Aerospace, and Biomedical Engineering, and ORNL Joint Faculty
- 1:45 p.m. UT welcome address: Marc Gibson, Associate Vice Chancellor for Research, Innovation and Economic Development
- 2:00 p.m. SEAMTN partner introductions
- 3:30 p.m. Discussion of next steps: Tony Schmitz
- 4:00 p.m. Tour of Machine Tool Research Center, 101 Dougherty Engineering Building, with technology demonstrations and student poster presentations
- 4:30 p.m. Adjourn
The SEAMTN partner presentations are available for download.
Check out the photos from the Neyland Stadium presentations and Machine Tool Research Center tour.